Full Time Drivers
|Salary Range:||$12.00 - $13.29 per hour|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Do you want to give back to the community to be part of the greater good?|
Greater Lynn Senior Services has immediate full-time opportunities for drivers.
Greater Lynn Senior Services provides a wide range of social services for elders and people with disabilities. We provide information, transportation, meals, advocacy, homecare, housing as well as other services. GLSS provides these services for one reason- to help those 60 and older in Lynn, Lynnfield, Nahant, Saugus, and Swampscott to live fuller more independent lives safely and with dignity.
GLSS provides transportation to our Consumers 22 hours per day, 7 days a week.
As a driver, you will be providing safe and efficient transportation services for Seniors and people living with disabilities. You will escort consumers to and from pick up and destination. Drivers are assigned to drive vans or sedans based upon personal preference and comfort. You will assist consumers up and down one stair or curb. You will also assist consumers in wheelchairs with up to four parcels and handle emergency situations involving consumers. Drivers are expected to abide by Agency operating policies as well as contractual policies and practices.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum age of 21
• Must have a Massachusetts driver's license, a clean driving record and a minimum of 5 years U.S. driving experience
• Clean Driving Record. No surchargeable accidents in 3 years
• No moving violations within the past year
• No DUIs, OUIs or DWIs ever
• Must pass a basic English reading and writing test.
• Ability to obtain at least a one year DOT Card, pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
• Must work weekends and holidays
• Must work mandatory overtime
• Sensitivity to the needs of Seniors and people living with disabilities
• Knowledge of service area. Must drive in Boston and other service areas within the North Shore and surrounding communities
• Must provide service to all of our service areas
• Ability/willingness to drive during at all hours of the day and in all types of weather conditions is a must
• Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
• Ability to work within a union environment
• Certified in First Aid, adult, infant & child CPR, or able to obtain certification
• Paratransit driving experience preferred
• Two-way radio experience preferred
GLSS conducts an extensive background check including a criminal background check, , drug and alcohol screening, physical fitness for duty, review of driving record and employment verification for all candidates seeking employment.
$12.00 - $13.29 per hour
Our Transportation Group is available to the Consumers with 22 hours a day of coverage, 7 days a week. This position is for full time shifts. Nights, weekends and holidays are required.